How To Make Easy Snowman Cakes
For the body, we used:
A cake mould and a standard batch of vanilla cake mix Annabel Karmels
(we use Annabel karmels easy cupcake recipe)
To decorate, we used:
- Icing sugar and water to ice
- White marshmallows
- Rolos for the hat (and a couple of minstrels when we ran out);
- Strawberry laces for the scarf
- Orange tic tacs for the nose
- Black icing for eyes, buttons and mouth.
To make the bodies, we used this silicone muffin mould found by Abbi in Ikea.
My kids dont like buttercream (except when made by my friend Erin), so we used icing sugar with a few drops of water, and drizzled this over the cake. The icing needs to be runny enough to move, but thick enough to stick to the cake.
Yikes. These photos are not the best, but you get the idea. Add the decorations……And voila….some slightly wonky snowmen.Admiring their handiwork….before scoffing the lot.