Beetroot Goats Cheese and Toasted Brioche Salad
Ingredients (Per Person)
- Large handful of any salad leaves (I used romaine),
- 2 med sized beetroots cooked and sliced
- 60g of goats cheese or feta crumbled.
- 1 slice of brioche
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Vinaigrette Ingredients (for 4-6 people)
- 6 table spoons of olive oil
- 2 table spoon of white wine vinegar
- Garlic – either 1/2 teaspoon of garlic paste, or 1/2 clove of crushed garlic
- Salt and pepper – generous pinch of each
- Mustard Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- 1 table spoon of water
Stick to the approximate 3/1 ratio of oil and vinegar, the rest of the ingredients can be adjusted to personal taste, but will still give a nice emulssion as a base.
Brush a slice of brioche with olive oil, break into pieces and bake in the oven at 180 degrees C until crunchy. Rip the lettuce and goats cheese into mouth sized pieces, cut the beetroot into cubes – or slices. Use a cookie cutter to make into nice shapes if you are so inclined. Place all of these in a bowl.
Serve as a delicious simple lunch. Or this makes a great accompaniment to pesto and tallegio chicken.