Blue Cheese Mushrooms on Toast
Cheese on toast gets a little twist with this blue cheese mushrooms on toast recipe. Fridge to plate in less than 20 mins.
Ingredients: Per person
- 50g Blue cheese St Agur is good, but use your favourite, or what you have in the fridge!
- 70g sliced button or chestnut mushrooms
- 50g cream cheese
- small knob of butter melted
- Splash of milk
- 1 large slice of toasted sour dough bread or 2-3 small slices depending upon how
greedyhungry you are.
- lettuce leaves and herbs chopped for garnish
Soften the chopped mushrooms in the melted butter.
Crumble in the blue cheese and cream cheese, stirring over a low heat until they melt. Add a splash of milk to loosen the mix if necessary.Slice and toast the bread, then as soon as both cheeses have melted, pour the cheesy mushrooms onto the toast. Garnish with any salad, tomato or herbs, and wolf down immediately. Ideally watching something trashy on TV.
As well as being a great quick snack, these make a fabulous dinner party starter, and teeny tiny mouth sized version are great as a canape.