One of my “go to” puddings when I only have 5 minutes to spare or a large crowd to feed is lemon posset. But its become very samey, so I wanted to try a variation. I don’t fancy orange posset, as I think it would be quite sickly (let me know if you’ve tried it), and lime possibly a bit too bitter. Grapefruit posset seems like the obvious citrus alternative.
I substituted pink grapefruit for lemon my trusty posset recipe, and reduced the sugar content. I love the bitterness of pink grapefruit, and was also hoping for a beautiful lucious pink, as the grapefruits were ruby red.
Ingredients: Makes 8 possets of large espresso cup size.
- 600ml double cream
- Grapefruit zest and half the juice (about 75ml in mine)
- 120g Caster sugar
- Shortbread biscuits to dunk *
- Raspberries or other fresh fruit for garnish
1) Fill the cups or ramekins by first pouring the posset into a jug, filling the little dishes from there. This will keep spills, and splashes down your pots to a minimum.
2) Fill your pots or glasses on a tray, and put the tray in the fridge…less chance of spilling.